Global Studies Consortium
A network of graduate teaching programs on global studies
The Global Studies Consortium is a group of graduate programs in global studies seeking to collaborate in teaching and research. Membership in the consortium is available to any academic graduate program in the world that offers an M.A., M.Sc., M.Phil., or Ph.D. related to global/transnational studies as an interdisciplinary field of research.
The Global Studies Consortium is the outcome of a February 2007 meeting at UC Santa Barbara of graduate global studies programs from universities in Europe, East Asia, and the United States. Since then we have held formal meetings in Tokyo (2008), Leipzig (2009), Santa Barbara (2010), Shanghai (2011), Melbourne (2012), Moscow (2013), and Copenhagen (2014).
In this critical moment in the life of universities around the world, academic programs have responded to the forces of globalization in creative ways, conducing to new graduate programs in global studies. The purposes of this consortium are to promote and facilitate graduate teaching programs in global studies and to foster cooperation among them. The consortium is open to any academic program in the world that offers a graduate M.A., M.Sc., M.Phil., or Ph.D. related to global studies. It includes programs that are transnational, transcultural, global/local, world systems, or cross area, and that are hospitable to interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approaches within the humanities and social sciences to global studies.
The consortium will:
- share curricula and ideas about teaching programs
- facilitate cooperative teaching projects, such as distance learning, on both bilateral and multilateral levels
- develop surveys of student career paths and share information about employment and internships for students
- encourage student and faculty exchange agreements
Visit the Global Studies Consortium website
* * * * *
Global Studies Centers - U.S.
- University of California - Santa Cruz: Center for Global, International and Regional Studies (CGIRS)
- George Mason University: The Center for Global Studies (CGS)
- University of Illinios: Center for Global Studies (CGS)
- Indiana University/Bloomington: The Center for the Study of Global Change
- University of Minnesota: Institute for Global Studies
- New York University: The Center for Global Affairs at NYU
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: The Center for Global Initiatives
- University of Washington - Seattle: The Center for Global Studies (CGS)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison: Global Studies Center
- Yale University: The Yale Center for the Study of Globalization (YCSG)
Global Studies Centers - OVERSEAS
- Deakin University: Centre for Citizenship and Globalisation
- Monash University: Institute for the Study of Global Movements
- University of British Columbia: The Liu Institute for Global Issues
- Waterloo, Ontario: The Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI)
- McMaster University: The Institute on Globalization and the Human Condition
- University of Victoria: The Centre for Global Studies, CFGS
- The National University of Malaysia: The Institute of Malaysian and International Studies
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology: The NTNU Globalization Research Programme
- University of Warwick: Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation (CSGR)